I love to cook, sew, take pictures, have dance parties in my living room, eat, sing loudly to songs I don't know, decorate, throw parties, make messes, host playgroup, bike, kiss my husband, eat, play the piano, visit new places and scrub my bathroom floors with a toothbrush while my kids whine and complain.... anything but laundry. This here blog is dedicated to everything a mom can do, except (heaven forbid) that basket of clothes that needs folding.

Sunday, August 15, 2010

Call me Crazy...



...but I start losing sleep over Christmas project ideas come mid-august. You gotta get cracking soon, right? That way you know your plan well in advance and can finish it the night before Santa makes his debut. Yeah, I'm a planner like that. Here's some inspiration from my 2008 Christmas (I didn't have time to make a 2009 collage because in that one Christmas week: my little bro got married, we drove to San Diego and back, family came to visit, I was in charge of the first grade class party and- the ultimate excuse- I was pregnant). Anyway you put it, these were some of my favorite projects:

(clockwise from the top left):

a. birthday banner for my SIL (love those Heather Bailey Fabrics)

b. pendant for me. I got to make it, my MIL purchased and had a fun girls night to put together.

c. Snapfish love story book for my love

d. Doll blankets for Ellie with matching pillow cases

e. front of pendant

g. biscotti for Auntie M. 

h. another blanket shot

i. love story cover (ie my neck)

j. note card sets with different wallet size flower shots on front

k. painted cradle we bought a garage sale long ago and freshened with a new coat of white paint

l. framed favorite photo of hubby with his dad

(maybe this year I can list to item z. Sounds like fun to me)

No comments:

Post a Comment