I love to cook, sew, take pictures, have dance parties in my living room, eat, sing loudly to songs I don't know, decorate, throw parties, make messes, host playgroup, bike, kiss my husband, eat, play the piano, visit new places and scrub my bathroom floors with a toothbrush while my kids whine and complain.... anything but laundry. This here blog is dedicated to everything a mom can do, except (heaven forbid) that basket of clothes that needs folding.

Friday, August 13, 2010

Better than Chicken Noodle Soup

(from my personal archives spring 2010) 

Yesterday my sister had the fabulous idea to put together a care package for my grandpa who recently had a stroke (shh... don't tell him). I thought it turned out so cute and I'm anxious to send it off today.

Box Contents:

1. Pictures from the kids
2. A smile attack (little hand drawn smiley face to decorate his walls



3. A jodytote banner. Whenever we ask grandpa how he is going he says "jodytote!" It's my favorite word (hence the title to our family blog).



4. A little green dog. Whenever someone in the family is bummed or just needs a good laugh- Grandpa walks over to a closet door, opens it a crack (making dog noises) and kicks a pretend dog over and over until everyone is in hysterics. He then walks away limping while the "dog" whimpers. I can vividly remember this making bad days not such a big deal.

5. Pictures of the kids



6. A bouquet of some of his favorite people's hands (aka us and the kids).

We love you Grandpa

No comments:

Post a Comment