A few friends have asked lately for help with party decor ideas- so I thought I'd share a few quick tips to whip up some party/shower/birthday decorations:
1. I almost always use a roll of wrapping paper as a table runner. Such a cheap simple way to add color to any event.
2. Use pictures on cork/magnet boards, hanging clips, in frames, giant clothespins, etc. Quotes and invitations are other items to display.
3. I love to use memorabilia, especially for my kids parties: their baby shoes, books from our collections that match the color scheme, lego creations, fake flowers Dylan delivered the day Ellie was born, etc.
4. Use food and favors on platters and cake plates to decorate.
5. Around my kids birthdays, I like to make the mantle (or other little spots in our home), more about them. It may have their pictures or favorite toys or the cards they have received in the mail.
6. Lose sleep over tiny details that you may only notice :) Sure makes life fun!