I love to cook, sew, take pictures, have dance parties in my living room, eat, sing loudly to songs I don't know, decorate, throw parties, make messes, host playgroup, bike, kiss my husband, eat, play the piano, visit new places and scrub my bathroom floors with a toothbrush while my kids whine and complain.... anything but laundry. This here blog is dedicated to everything a mom can do, except (heaven forbid) that basket of clothes that needs folding.

Monday, January 17, 2011

Honey Harvest Quinoa

1 1/3 cup quinoa
2 2/3 cup water
1 small Golden delicious apple cored and cut into chunks (I used a large pear & loved it!)
1/4 dried cranberries
1/2 cup pecans
1/2 low fat milk (plus more for serving)
2 tablespoons of honey (plus more for serving)
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
4 teaspoons butter (I didn't add this and it was still tasty)

Rinse quinoa and put in saucepan with water. Bring to a boil, reduce heat to a simmer, cover and cook for 5 minutes. Add apple/pear chunks and cranberries and continue to cook until the water is absorbed (about 10 minutes).

Meanwhile, toast the pecans in a dry skillets over med-high heat until fragrant (about 2 minutes). When quinoa is cooked add milk, honey and cinnamon. Cook until milk is heated through (about 1 minute). Serve with milk, honey, toasted pecans... and adding blueberries was delicious.

No comments:

Post a Comment