I love to cook, sew, take pictures, have dance parties in my living room, eat, sing loudly to songs I don't know, decorate, throw parties, make messes, host playgroup, bike, kiss my husband, eat, play the piano, visit new places and scrub my bathroom floors with a toothbrush while my kids whine and complain.... anything but laundry. This here blog is dedicated to everything a mom can do, except (heaven forbid) that basket of clothes that needs folding.

Friday, October 8, 2010

Moon Cake


My mom made this when I was little and then I made it for my preschool class I taught in high school. I then I made it yesterday, for a space themed playgroup. I ate twice as much as all the kids combined. yes.


Ingredients

1 cup water
1/2 cup margarine
1 cup all-purpose flour
4 eggs
2 (3.4 ounce) packages instant vanilla or chocolate pudding mix
3 cups milk
1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese
1 (8 ounce) container frozen whipped topping, thawed
1/4 cup chocolate syrup (I did without)

Directions

1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F and lightly grease a jelly roll pan.
2. In a large saucepan, bring water and margarine to a boil. Remove from heat, and mix in flour with electric mixer. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each. Spread evenly in prepared pan .
3. Bake at 400 degrees F for 20 to 25 minutes. Set aside to cool completely
4. In large bowl, combine pudding mix, milk and cream cheese. Mix with electric mixer until smooth. Spread evenly over cooled crust. Top with whipped topping and drizzle with chocolate syrup. Chill in refrigerator and serve cold.

1 comment:

  1. This looks so yummy! Jaclyn and you are the same when it comes to laundry, while laundry is my favorite house chore to do.

    ReplyDelete